If the United States of America had a butt crack, it would most certainly have to be centered over the Westboro Baptist so-called Church in Topeka, Kansas. Think about it, these scum use the Christian Bible to justify protesting the funerals of American heroes who have paid the ultimate price for their freedom. And that’s just one of the stupid stunts they pull in the name of Jesus.
Are the members of this religious cult so naïve as to think that people will hear and receive their message as something positive? They seem to sending everyone to Hell except for themselves. Here’s the short list: Catholics, Methodists, Anglicans, Baptists (yes, Baptists but not their little cult clique), Presbyterians, Lutherans, Orthodox Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Jews and Barack Obama (they say he is the antichrist). Let us not forget homosexuals and those of us who support their rights along with American soldiers, the news media and God only knows who else. Did I leave anyone out?
Cult leader and false prophet Fred Phelps has taken the minds of his congregation (which mostly includes his family) and warped them all so badly that they actually believe this garbage. This brings to mind such infamous cult leaders as Jim Jones, David Koresh, Charlie Manson, Marshall Applewhite (the funny looking guy who looked like the dude from “My Favorite Martian” that rode away on the Hale- Bopp comet) and a host of other master manipulators. They, however, were far better at perfecting their craft than Phelps. Jones, for example convinced more than nine hundred people to “drink the Kool-Aid”. Think Phelps will ever get that kind of following? Doubtful, but I digress.
While sympathetic to all these groups, Ladies and Gentlemen, from where I sit, the American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine and Coast Guard member deserve better than this! Whether they’re male or female, straight or gay, these brave people but their lives on the line every day to ensure that The United States of America remains a free country. If it were up to me, they would all be deported. None of them deserve to live and thrive in a country as great as The United States of America.
I will post their current protest schedule and links to each of the members’ Twitter (who they also protested) accounts below. If these fools show up to protest a funeral or other event in your city, I admonish you as Americans who love your country to be there, signs in hand. Form a human chain to block them from public view. Do anything you can within the limits of Federal State and Local law to prevent their message from being heard.
Here’s the schedule as of September 29, 2011:
- Westboro Soldier Funeral picket: Marine Lnc Cpl. Franklin N. Watson, Sun 10/2 @ 8pm, First Baptist Church, Madisonville, TN
- Sprint Center in Kansas City, MO October 3, 2011 6:15 PM – 7:00 PM
- Westboro Soldier Funeral picket: Marine 1st Lt Thomas Heitmann, Mon 10/3 @ 10:30am Holy Cross, Mendota, IL
- Sprint Center in Kansas City, MO October 15, 2011 6:45 PM – 7:30 PM
- The Ohio Union at Ohio State University in Columbus, OH October 25, 2011 11:15 AM – 11:45 AM
- Oak Hills High School in Cincinnati, OH October 25, 2011 2:40 PM – 3:10 PM
- Miami University in Oxford, OH October 25, 2011 4:15 PM – 4:45 PM
- Hilliard Davidson High School in Hilliard, OH October 26, 2011 7:10 AM – 7:40 AM
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas in Las Vegas, NV November 1, 2011 12:00 PM – 12:30 PM
- Clark High School in Las Vegas, NV November 1, 2011 2:00 PM – 2:30 PM
As additional dates become available, be assured that I will post them here. If we are unfortunate to lose another American service member between these dates, they will most likely show up at their memorial services as well. I will post these as I learn of them.
If you can stomach it, you may get lucky and find some useful protest information by following WBC members on Twitter. Below are the Twitter usernames of those members listed on their website:
I suppose now I will just sit back and brace myself for a defamation suit or a picket line outside my house. What difference does it really make? I’m going to Hell anyway.